Making sure everything is dry
After experiencing water damage you most likely have started to remove as much water as possible and begun the drying out process. After some time, you notice things appear to be drying and think, “This feels dry. I don’t need to call someone to do it for me. I’m saving money by doing it myself.”
This is the BIGGEST mistake homeowners make. The truth is even though things feel dry, they actually may still be wet, leading to more damage. When items are not dried properly, the effects of the damage can be more costly than if a professional had dried them. Within minutes water seeps into the floors, walls, upholstery and belongings. If not dried fully and properly there can be several damaging and costly effects. Such as:
- The drywall may begin to swell and brake down.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and ink from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Door, windows and studs swell and warp.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious bio-hazard containment is possible.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree utilize special equipment to ensure EVERYTHING is dry. Our trained technicians use thermal imaging cameras and water meter sensors to detect water that is unseen. So next time you experience water damage don’t make the mistake of leaving moisture behind. Call the experts at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree to make sure the job is done right the first time.