Budget-Friendly Ways to Avoid a House Fire During the Holidays
BUDGET-FRIENDLY WAYS TO AVOID A HOUSE FIRE DURING THE HOLIDAYS
House fires are common during the holiday months. A faulty holiday light or a burning candle could set your home ablaze and cause you to lose everything you've worked so hard to achieve. Fortunately, you can employ these budget-friendly tips to prevent a house fire that can ultimately save your home during the holidays.
USE LED CANDLES
Burning candles significantly improves your chances of experiencing a fire. You can easily knock over a candle and start a house fire. To completely reduce the chances of a home fire, don't use traditional candles. Many companies are manufacturing low-cost LED candles to prevent home fires. In addition to being safe, these candles are versatile. You can put them practically anywhere, including near electronics.
NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOLIDAY LIGHTS ON WHILE YOU'RE GONE
If you are like many homeowners, you put a lot of time and effort into decorating for the holidays. You may put lights around your home's trim, in the yard, and, of course, on your tree. Although lights look great and help set the tone for the holidays, your holiday lights could be the cause of a house fire. As such, you should never leave your home while your lights are on and never sleep with your lights on.
KEEP FIRE EXTINGUISHERS HANDY
If you don't have a fire extinguisher, now is the time to invest in one. There are many different types of fires, and, in some instances, water isn't useful to extinguish the flame. Fortunately, you can purchase different types of fire extinguishers. Armed with the right fire extinguisher, you can put out small fires that threaten your home.
WHAT TO DO FOLLOWING A FIRE
In the event of a fire, knowing what to do during the emergency can save your life and your home. If you can't extinguish the fire, contact emergency services by dialing 911 as soon as possible. After firefighters put the flames out and you are allowed to re-enter your home, you should recover everything you can, especially important papers. Make sure you have important documents, such as your home insurance policy and will.
After you've contacted your home insurance company, call our team SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at 617-774-8583 to help you restore your home. We have years of experience in fire restoration. Our top priority is to get you back into you home, so we work diligently with your home insurance company to expedite the process. If you are in need of fire restoration, we encourage you to give us a call today.