Call SERVPRO of Milton / Braintree for Professional Soot Damage Cleanup
Damage from a furnace puff back can leave your home and its belongings covered in fine soot particles. Depending on the severity of the puff back, the distribution of oil based soot and smoke throughout your home can be extensive. Thankfully, most puff back cleanups are covered by insurance as they require a professional for the cleanup process. The process for cleaning up this type of damage requires specialized techniques and equipment, but in addition, the soot and particles floating through the air and onto surfaces creates an unhealthy environment especially for young children and elderly relatives. Call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree so we can help you quickly and safely restore your home.
While You Wait for Help to Arrive:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Don't risk causing any further damage to your home or belongings by attempting to clean up the damage yourself. Call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree at 781-341-7007. We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and can restore your home so it looks “Like It Never Even Happened”.