Common Mistakes Homeowners Make After a Fire
A fire can be devastating for your home or business and getting started on the restoration process can be truly overwhelming. Your property may have suffered fire and smoke damage, as well as widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. With SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree's specialized fire and water damage restoration experience, we can help get your home or business cleaned up and restored to its pre-fire condition. We'll even remove the pervasive smoke odor and soot by deep cleaning your upholstery and carpet.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting a SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat, or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may destroy your garments.
SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree has what it takes to restore your home back to preloss condition. Let us help you make it “Like It never even happened.” Call us at 781-341-7007.