If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (781) 980-7060

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why You Cant Use Bleach To Remove Mold

6/18/2018 (Permalink)

Give us a call today if you see or suspect mold in your home or business 781-341-7007

Using bleach in an attempt to remove mold on a porous surface like wood or drywall can have very negative effects.

It’s our goal help to you identify your mold sources and develop your mold elimination strategy. 

Because of its chemical composition, bleach is unable to penetrate beyond the surface and get to the root of the mold. So while it may seem you’re cleaning up the mold, you’re actually just removing the visible part you can see – the root of the mold is still there. In a few short days that mold will reappear. 

Using bleach on wood can actually drive the mold deeper inside the fibers causing more problems for you later. Because bleach is mostly water, you can actually feed the mold root with what it needs to grow – moisture. To sum it up bleach is toxic and using it to remove mold on a porous surface like drywall or wood will cause more harm. 

At SERVPRO Milton/Braintree we are going to locate the source of the mold and prevent it from growing. By having your mold issue professionally taken care of you can be assured the problem will be taken care of the right way. 

Other News

View Recent Posts