Facts & Myths About Mold
Mold is a non-scientific term for many types of fungi - unwanted, unappealing patches of black, brown, yellow, pink, green, smelly, fuzzy growths. Countless species of mold are found both indoors and outdoors
For the average homeowner, mold growth can be one of the top health hazards in their home, as serious a concern as asbestos and lead. Considered a respiratory hazard, any mold growth in your home should properly be remediated by a IICRC mold certified technician. At SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree, we have highly trained mold removal professionals on staff that can help make your home a safer environment, because we understand the difference between the facts and myths about mold and the mold remediation process.
- Mold is present in almost all atmospheres
- Air sampling is the only current accurate method to analyze non-visible spores and should be performed by an Industrial Hygienist (I.H.)
- During mold remediation there should always be a form of containment.
- Mold can cause health concerns
- Bleach has been a proven product for eliminating mold
- Mold only grows in wet or moist environments
- Any cleaning company is equipped to eliminate mold
- Mold can be fully eradicated
Call SERVPRO of Milton/Braintree for your free consultation and mold remediation estimate. We’ll make sure your property is cleaned quickly and safely so that it will be like it never even happened.